All comments on routes, broken holds, difficulty, repetitions, bolting, birds... only in Belgium!
Title Posted by Replies Views Last reply    

Climbing in Belgium / Rochers de Freyr

Hatsi 12 3822 21-5-2012 10:40  

Last reply

Hatsi
noob
4 posts

25-4-2012
06:37

Climbing in Belgium / Rochers de Freyr

Hi,

Going to have a visit in Belgium with a couple of friends during the summer. I had a little look at climbing locations in Belgium and we decided to go check out Rochers de Freyr.

I was wondering if someone over here could point me towards the direction of a Topo on the area? Somewhere I could order one beforehand to get familiar with the area?

Anything coming to mind which should be taken into consideration when planning a trip to Rochers de Freyr?

Thank you already for all your answers!

Tim.
regular
49 posts

25-4-2012
11:10

Hatsi
noob
4 posts

25-4-2012
13:46

I can't speak dutch but from what I could gather only members of some climbing club at Belgium can order from that site..

erph
noob
13 posts

25-4-2012
14:42

you can buy a freyr topo in quiet a few climbing halls and outdoor shops in Belgium.

an online resource were you can get it is http://www.berghut.be/boeken-en-kaarten/boeken-belgie/boeken-belgie-klimmen/freyr-topo-marc-bott
(i 'm sure there are others)

Kees Breek
addict
278 posts

25-4-2012
20:23

You can buy the topo in the pub "au Chamonix" near the cliffs. If you want to buy it on-line: http://www.jvw.nl/alle-landen-belgie-klimgidsen-c-1_106_2981/klimtopo-freyr-klimgids-belgie-p-65091

Hatsi
noob
4 posts

26-4-2012
06:38

Thank you for the links. Managed to order myself a topo now. Looking forward to investigating in what kind of routes there would be for a crappy finnish climber like myself

Travelling over there during June, how is the weather usually during then? Hopefully not too rainy...

Bender
I used to climb
715 posts

28-4-2012
13:25

Varying between rain, too hot, ...

Really not predictable.

If it's sunny, best too climb early in the morning or in the evening. Otherwise you will sweat alot

Denis Hoste
addict
222 posts

28-4-2012
16:45

In june, the weather should be fine. It can get too hot of course, on some days, but I reckon you'll be just fine on most. It can also rain sometimes... Not much you can do about that

hendrik
addict
464 posts

6-5-2012
19:51

info

Freyr is a reasonably big area where it can be useful where to go and which routes are the best for with level

you can send me an email at:

hendrikdewinne"at"gmail.com for more info for good/the best routes.

Bruno M
addict
215 posts

18-5-2012
18:02

If you're climbing 4's of 5's, Freyr might not be the best crag for you to visit. Everything below 6a has been polished smooth by countless climbing shoes and boots.

Then again, it is a beautiful area

Eddy de Ouwe Rakker
I used to climb
895 posts

18-5-2012
23:33

You can easely find in the climbing-shop at bristol or other places in England the "cicerone selected rock climbs in Belgium and Luxembourg" ISBN-1-85284-155-9 from Chris Craggs, but it's possible this book is out of print if you try to buy it via the editor.

Hatsi
noob
4 posts

21-5-2012
10:41

Thanks a lot for all the replies. Hopefully the weather is going to be nice and we are going to have a lot of good climbs under our belt after our visit.