Last reply

Fran
noob
0 posts

25-5-2011
13:33

Climbing for beginners

Hi all,

I am new in Brussels. I usually do mountain related activities and running, I love mountains but I never have done climbing.

Now I would like to start climbing but I am beginner.

So I was wondering if some of you know about any climbing course or activity for really beginners here in Brussels. Or someone who is also beginning in the climbing stuff... I have seen the are several places to do climbing indoor.

Thanks a lot.

Fran

vique
noob
4 posts

25-5-2011
16:21

In Itineraires they start courses in September, I think.
Maybe there are some in Terres Neuves going on right now.

But there are always option of getting yourself private lessons. Probably every salle have person to whom you can speak about that.

Siske
noob
2 posts

6-6-2011
10:07

Hello Fran,

I live in Brussels en have been climbing for several years. Every tuesday and thursday we (me and some friends) go climbing in Brussels or elsewhere in Belgium. If you like you can join us. We can explain the basics to you, no problem! Let me know if you're interested...

Siske

Siani
noob
6 posts

6-6-2011
18:15

Me too

Hi
I'm new to Brussels too and have been looking for company to go climbing with. I've been to New Rock once with a friend from UK and had a great time buthavent found anyone else to climb with!

I've been climbing since last October and when in UK went once or twice a week.

I'd be grateful if I could join you guys sometime!

Thanks

Sian

Raci
noob
1 posts

6-6-2011
21:40

I would also like to get involved

I am fairly new in Brussels and I would like to start climbing again.

I am still very much at the beginners level. What I learnt I have most likely forgotten.

Siske
noob
2 posts

8-6-2011
11:28

No problem. We can arrange that...

For now, I'm in an exam-period so I'm not climbing until 14th of june.

I suggest that you send me an email with your contactinfo at [email protected] , so I can contact you guys.

Bye

gshier
noob
1 posts

10-6-2011
22:18

Hey guys,

I also live in Brussels and am just getting back into climbing after having not climbed for a couple of years. I have been to the Roc House in Ixelles a couple of times with a friend that is also new to climbing.

I used to climb indoors quite regularly in the UK, and know the basics. It would be great to meet some other people to climb with here in Brussels!

Let me know if you would like to join up some time.

Gareth